Siemens standby power mechanical interlock kits provide a means to ensure that the main breaker powered by utility power within a panel is forced to the OFF position when standby power is in use. It also ensures that the standby source is forced to the OFF position when the utility power is in use. This model (ECSBPK03) is designed for use on Ultimate and Rock Solid load centers (150 amp and higher) to connect the main breaker to a 2-pole circuit breaker. It’s compatible with MBK150A, MBK200A, and MBK225A utility main breaker types and QP, QPH, and HQPH standby main breaker types.
The most common application for an interlock kits is when a portable generator is used to provide back up power to a building. If the utility main breaker in a panel is left in the -“ON”-position while a generator is powering the panel, dangerous back feeding of the utility power lines can occur.
ECSBPK03 Generator Standby Power Mechanical Interlock
At a Glance
- UL listed for use in most Siemens load centers and meter combinations
- Remains attached to the main breakers when load center cover
- Corrosion resistant finish
- For use on Siemens or Murray panels
- Easy assembly requiring no modifications to the load center or meter combination
- Suitable for use with optional standby systems in accordance with article 702 of the National Electric Code
Ensures the main breaker within a panel is forced to the off position when standby power is on
For use on Siemens or Murray panels that are 150, 200, or 225 amp, ultimate or rock solid type
Standby power breaker must be a QP or MP double pole breaker
Adds an extra level of safety
No modification of panel required; Breakers not included